This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
ProjectThe project will develop competence profiles for tutors and mentors that can be related to the European Qualifications Framework. These will aim to answer the question of what the most important learning outcomes are for tutors and mentors in order for them to give the best possible support to jobseekers both during training and at the time of their entry into the labour market or employment. Six modules for the training of tutors and mentors were developed in a previous project and these will be adapted in the current project according to the competence matrix and to meet the requirements of ISO 17024. All participants of the pilot modules will gain certificates provided they fulfill the relevant competence requirements. If they achieve only some of the competences they will get a pre-certification statement, and provided that they meet the additional requirements within three years they will gain certification as a mentor or tutor according to ISO 17014.
01.10.2012 - 30.09.2014
- Common definition of the functions of tutors and mentors in tan employment context
- Development of a competence matrix for tutors and mentors, which provides the basis for the curriculum and for certification of non-formal and informal knowledge according to EN ISO 17024 - Certification of Persons
- Transfer and further development of a series of seminars (6 modules) for tutors and mentors, which will form the basis for Assessment and certification
- Introducing 2 modules for tutors and mentors as pilot projects in all partner countries
- Development of the certification process for the two professions of mentor and tutor in the vocational field
- Implementation of the certification process
- The partnership will provide at least two trial modules in which between 80 to 100 persons will be trained